Monday 2 August 2010

It's 0730 hours. What does the 0 stand for?

Both last year and this, we were strongly advised to go to the festzelt on the Monday morning. Today, Hector and I took up this challenge...

Arriving at the festzelt at about 0730, we were able to find spaces at a table. The first maβ of festbier arrived almost immediately. It did not vanish quite so quickly, though... I'm not saying Hector was slow, but I had finished my second maβ before he finished his first!
During the course of the morning, we were visited by Marg, Craig and Yvonne. None were tempted to join us, though - I wonder why...
I am pleased to to confirm that, despite it being prohibited, some brave souls did lift their tables up above head-height. We also met our local friends - although the high point for Hector was being introduced to the town's mayor. I don't know what the poor man did to deserve that. I can advise those interested that the chickens were dead and that we were in the zone...
At about 1300, honour satisfied, we took a wee break. Hector eventually joined up with the others in Roth. I thought I had better guard Hilpoltstein, and waited till the group returned before meeting up in a local bar, somewhat akin to a dungeon, for a meal and a last few drinks.
Thanks, again, to the Fanfare-group for their friendship and hospitality. We will return to the Burgfest.

Nürnberg tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment