Thursday 27 May 2010

Pinting on the Cam...

Thursday saw our second visit to the Cambridge Beer Festival. Before meeting there, I took the opportunity of visiting some of the other Cambridge pubs - or so I thought! Coming from Scotland, I am used to sensible opening hours - it seems that, despite a large student population, and indeed a large beer festival, all day opening does not exist! Because of this, I managed to see the outside of the Kingston Arms and the Cambridge Blue before finally finding an open pub (the Salisbury Arms).


Having been refreshed by a pint of Oakham JHB, I then found myself at the Live and Let Live - I had to try the Oakham Citra before making my way to the festival.


It turns out that the festival does not stay open all day either! During the afternoon break, we visited the Mitre for a pleasant couple of pints.

We returned to the festival, again staying until it got too busy. Predictably, we re-visited the St Radegund en route to the Elm Tree, where most of the evening was spent trying to persuade the manager that he should stock some Munich biers...

No comments:

Post a Comment