Wednesday 28 July 2010

Cologne-ial report

The Hilpoltstein Happenstance 2010 has started…



…despite some people thinking it only starts when they come over to Germany!

As always (it seems), I was first to leave the UK - a 'quick' drive to Dover followed by a boat to Dunkirk - all the time feeling somehow I was going the wrong way - before arriving in Köln in the early afternoon. While I was doing this, Dr Stan travelled over by train.

On my arrival, and throughout the early evening, it was warm and humid. Craig should look away now - the Paulaner house has become a Reissdorf house!



From there to the Gaffel haus in the Altermarkt. Given the weather, I selected an outside seat while waiting for Dr Stan. Good choice - his arrival was presaged by torrential rain and a thunderstorm!



Following what is almost a tradition, we then remembered Sion before ending the night at Fruh.

Bye bye my loves…

No comments:

Post a Comment