Monday 9 August 2010

One for the Road…

The 2010 Happenstance is definitely coming to an end! Everyone except Bernard and Steve left Berlin today. Most people flew back home - I got the train to Dortmund to collect my car. The remaining two leave Berlin tomorrow.

Having arrived in Dortmund, and having found my hotel, I had somehow to fill my last evening in Germany. What should I do…

At Hector's insistence, I made my way to the only brewpub in Dortmund, Hövels, where the options were a Zwickle and their Original. Both were pleasant and drinkable - I can easily believe that they are the best Dortmund has to offer - although this is perhaps not the strongest compliment that one could pay…

As tomorrow consists of a drive to Amsterdam before getting the ferry home, I did not stay out too late - perhaps a sign of a good holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment