Tuesday 19 January 2010

I want my Tegernsee...

Day 5 - 02/01/10

Looking out of the hotel window, I noticed that the long-promised snow had fallen. This would, of course, cause no problems...

Trying to avoid spending the whole trip drinking, David and I decided to spend the morning visiting the BMW Museum. Most of the others went straight to Tegernsee.


After a few hours absorbing the ethos of BMW(!), we made our way out to Tegernsee, which, as promised, looked very picturesque in the snow. Much to my surprise, not everyone had made the trip out. I understand that Howard and Tracey spent the day doing Andechs.


As always, it was worth the trip out to sample one of the best biers around - the Goulash soup wasn't too bad either! Sadly, the time came when we had to leave...


... although the train back helpfully stopped just outside the Augustiner brewery, so we just had to visit again! Unfortunately, Marg, Kirsty and Eleanor seemed to suffer from language problems when trying to order ice cream, and there were times when one bier just did not hit the mark...


Finally, having been kicked out of the brewery (again!), finally Hector and I visited the local sports bar - only to meet Howard and Tracey there. We were not last out - I suspect that is almost impossible...

No comments:

Post a Comment