Wednesday 20 January 2010

Wildeman thing, you make my heart sing...

Day 7 - 04/01/10

The last day of the Silvester 2009/10 trip - and a quick visit to Amsterdam!


The flyers (travelling by train...) arrived first (having left Düsseldorf at an ungodly hour). Howard's navigation eventually took them to Wildemans - a pub with a pretty good range of biers (as obviously not enough had been consumed to date...). We joined them there for a last couple of biers, before leaving for the ferry. I think Craig's fingernails remain there - he was rather reluctant to leave...


Despite a significant delay, the flyers were able to get home.

Thus ends another Hector holiday. As always, the people on the trip are what make it memorable. I can, of course, only post what I observed. Hector will no doubt be adding his perspective later... It would be good if the others on the trip could comment to add their memories. I won't hold my breath...

2 comments:

  1. In De Wildeman was a great pub (but expensive!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a fab time waiting in the airport - I mean who wouldn't want a long delay in an airport, sitting eating, reading, eating some more and generally just hanging about. Loved it!!!

    As for the 'Dam - those ladies are rough as...

    ReplyDelete