Sunday 18 April 2010

It's my party...

You will probably have gathered that the main purpose of the trip to Munchen, apart from bier, was for my birthday. Tables for 35 or so had been booked as long ago as New Year. Despite a slight hiccough, we had confirmed the booking. Of course, this was before Vulcan became involved...

The first XI, who had managed to beat the cloud (or more accurately, the ten who had beaten the cloud and Steve the substitute who had been caught in Munchen), assembled at the Augustiner braustuben as arranged, ignoring the minor fact that 24 people were missing. As it turned out, we nicely filled a table. I would like to thank everyone present for making it a memorable evening - I would like to state that I was not embarrassed at all when a cake festooned with candles was brought to the table (thanks to Clive and Maggie). I'm sure nobody has a video to add to the site!

Given the problems caused by the ash cloud, I think the next time I try to arrange a party I will make sure that no air travel is required...

No comments:

Post a Comment