Saturday 17 April 2010

The Night Before...

Your heroes were last seen heading towards the Augustiner Festzelt, following Marg's suggestion that it had unreserved tables (for those who have not had the pleasure of visiting a German bier festival before, generally one has to have a seat at a table before one is served bier!).

Hector the eagle-eyed spotted some gaps at adjacent tables. We soon filled these, reckoning we would be able to take over one of them in due course. I don't think it is giving much away to say we managed this...

As this was the first night of the festival, the crowd that had taken our place at the Hippodromzelt looked smart. Our new friends were quite the opposite! I suspect the Festzelt was more fun, with the band playing all the classic festival songs.

Reluctantly, I departed to meet 4 new arrivals - Stuart (my dad), Ann, Johnny and May - who had taken one look at the queues for the festival tents and retreated to a nearby cafe for something to eat. After a quick bier with them, I returned to the festival. Undeterred by the queue that had formed, I managed to return to the Festzelt and rejoin the others. More bier followed. I am told some went for a late night curry...

For those keeping score, we are now 11!

No comments:

Post a Comment