Tuesday 28 July 2009

Barrels of fun!

One of the more important tasks on the way over was to return a couple of empty beer barrels and collect the deposits. The one I was particularly concerned about was the Schumacher barrel – particularly the €55 deposit. So, having driven to Dusseldorf, and having managed to park immediately outside, I delivered the empty barrel, only to be told that the ‘hire’ was only for two weeks, and that there was a €3 per week fine thereafter. I bought the barrel in January…




Fortunately, the manager was a reasonable man, and accepted my argument that I would never have bought the damned thing if I knew it had to be back in 2 weeks. So, money safely returned!

I’m now in Köln, and about to head out for a bier or two. More later…

2 comments:

  1. lucky sod - that could have been an expensive barrel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 55 euro will buy you a few biers! Glad you got the money back...

    ReplyDelete