Sunday 9 August 2009

In Gent

Storyline: 2 escapees from HHH meet up in Gent and drink bier...

Sorry - no pics today!

Hector and his minions had to leave our pleasant garden suburb at some ridiculous hour this morning. From his comment on an earlier post, it seems DB let him down a bit, although he managed to make home base (the Bon) by 1430!

If anything, my journey was worse! My train to Bamberg arrived there 40 minutes late (apparently due to 'people on the line'!) This meant I was unable to collect a promised barrel of Pyraser - sorry! Things went from bad to worse, with delays near Bamberg resulting in me taking about 90 minutes to travel the first 60 miles of a trip that was in excess of 400 miles... Fortunately, the roads cleared a bit, and Iwas able to make up some time (cruising at 110 mph helped!), and I was able to arrive in Gent by about 2200!

Once there, I met Dr Stan and managed to have a couple of Belgian biers with him. Tomorrow, the ferry home...

1 comment:

  1. People on the line? Makes a change from leaves, i guess.

    ReplyDelete