Friday 7 August 2009

Meet the new posse, same as the old posse


If it's Thursday, it must be time for injury time substitutions. Off - Steve, Peter and Gerry McVey. On - Bernard. Stan has taken leave of German bier meantime - I'll catch up with him in Gent!

There will be further additions on Friday, but more then.

So, anyway, we travelled from Munich by Berlin - those not worried about carbon footprints by re-enacting the Berlin airlift, me by train.


After meeting Bernard, we had a wee walk through the centre, seeing the usual tourist sights (guess where from the photos...)




Only a few biers were had, including one at the strangest braukeller I've ever been to - in the Wedding suburb, surrounded on all sides by tower blocks. I blame the planners!

I suspect the sobriety was due to the imminent Berlin Street Bier Festival, starting Friday...

4 comments:

  1. 1/ Reichstag (spelt wrong)
    2/ The wall
    3/ No idea
    Potsdammer Platz had a good beer hall when we visited but I'm sure the street festival will be better

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 out of 3 - not bad. 3 is outside the Europe Building - a 30s building near the site of the Gestapo HQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recommend Postdammer Platz as well. I got the same answers as Kari!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't play the game... never been to Berlin (apart from when that bar at the front of Queen Street Station used to be called Berlin, back in the mid-80's!)

    ReplyDelete